Monday, August 6, 2012

Music IS important


I went to this really INCREDIBLE Arts conference in July this year, Tennessee Arts Academy (TAA).
One lady that I met, did something similar to this in her classroom. And since I just was able to get my hands on this nice bulletin board for right outside my room, the idea seemed absolutely PERFECT!!
The cut outs of instruments and clefs are from this awesome Cricut cartridge that I bought. You can also find them at Jo-Ann stores.



So here is a close up of one side. 
Math: "Quarter note, half note, whole note. Sounds like fractions to me. (That's Math)"
Language: "Understand the words of a song? (That's Language)"
Reading: "Read the words of a song (That's Reading)"








Math: "Read a staff - Interpret a graph (That's Math)"
History: "Learning about Composers? (That's History)"
Science: "Learning how instruments work? (That's Science)"



I have recieved LOTS of compliments from other teachers and my princpal. Some of the other teachers have even said that I make them look bad because of my board. And the painting on my door that I did (pictures later, it is not quiet finished). The final picture is from our Open House. I am on an incline so my table is a little off. But I think this set up is MUCH better than the one I had last year. So maybe next year will be even better because I keep learning new things and meeting wonderful people.



No comments:

Post a Comment